We welcome community members to bring a meal to share as a simple gesture of kindness to the guests at the Hub Hotel (our shelter for women and their children) or Hub Hall (transitional housing program for young adults). Here are a few details about sharing a meal:
Sharing a Meal at Hub Hotel (35-40 guests)
- Lunch is 11:30am-1:30pm and dinner is 5:00-7:00pm. We recommend bringing the food an hour before mealtime to allow time for proper heating and set-up.
- Volunteers may cater a meal or bring a home cooked meal. In addition to the main meal, consider bringing drinks and/or desserts to share as well. Please be mindful that there may be a few vegetarians!
- We have all of the dishes and utensils (for eating and for serving) and warmers. If you need to use any specific kitchen tools/appliances, please let us know.
- We encourage volunteers to stay and serve. However, due to the limited space, please keep your group to no more than 5 or 6 volunteers. In addition to preparing and serving food, we ask volunteers to help with cleaning in the dining room and kitchen.
Sharing a Meal at Hub Hall (10-12 guests)
- While there are no set mealtimes (guests typically cook their own food as needed), we recommend bringing lunch around 11:00am-12:00pm.
- Meals should be prepared ahead of time to be dropped off or served at Hub Hall. In addition to the main meal, consider bringing drinks and/or desserts to share as well. Please be mindful that there may be a few vegetarians!
- We welcome volunteers to stay and interact with our guests, but due to limited space, please keep your group to no more than 2-3 volunteers.
For additional information about Sharing a Meal, please contact Serrie Fung at email@example.com or 901-730-1736 x595.