The Hub was founded in 2007 by the Downtown Churches Association. For the first few years, the Hub was completely run by volunteers from those faith communities, who were passionate about making this city a great place for everyone.
Today, volunteers continue to be a core part of our team. We rely on dedicated volunteers to help us extend hospitality to all of our guests, including greeting our guests when they arrive, running workshops and activities, and supporting our team in many more ways.
- Workshops: leading a workshop/series of workshops for our Hub Hotel guests (fitness, financial literacy, health, etc.)
- Food: preparing and serving meals at the Hub Hotel
- Gardening: maintenance of our three green spaces at the Hub
- Children’s activities: infant care, story reading, crafts
- Scosha Salon: hair and nail services for Hub Hotel guests
- For companies, schools, or other organizations looking for group volunteering opportunities, please click here to learn about how to involve your group/company.
As a first step in this Hub volunteer journey, please fill out our join us for one of our upcoming mandatory Info Sessions.
The Hub works with vulnerable populations. Our guests put an immense amount of trust in the Hub and its staff and volunteers. We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all of our guests, including children, and to keep them safe. All volunteers must adhere to the Hub’s Safeguarding Children & Adults At-Risk Policy. Depending on the nature of specific opportunities, prospective volunteers may be required to undergo additional steps including interviews, training, probation periods, and background and reference checks.
For additional information about volunteering with the Hub, please contact Serrie Fung at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-730-1736 x595.