Services Available at the HUB
The following are services available at the HUB, many of which are unduplicated throughout the city.
- Hospitality: Access to refreshments and restrooms
- Resource identification and referrals
- A temporary mailing address
- Use of telephone to make local and long distance calls
- Access to computers
- Locker storage
- Assistance with acquiring identification/birth certificates
- Traveler’s aid: local (MATA passes) and long distance
- Shelter vouchers
- The Breakfast Club – a program for persons with alcohol and/or drug addiction
- Access to clergy
Fee: All services are provided free of charge.
Access to Services
Before receiving any services, a new guest must go through an intake interview. New guests can go through intake on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Thereafter, guests receive services on their designated day
between 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM:
- Monday: Guests with last names beginning A-H
- Wednesday: Guests with last names beginning I-P
- Friday: Guests with last names beginning Q-Z
Any registered guest can pick up mail, access lockers and make local phone calls on any Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between Noon-1:30 PM
The HUB is not a drop-in center, a day shelter, or a place to hang out. Because we can only let in a limited number of guests at one time due to fire codes, we ask that guests take care of business and exit promptly when they are finished.
A Three Month Program
Guests can use HUB services for up to three months and they are encouraged to use their time productively.
Our expectation is that, within that 90-day period, guests will make significant steps on their journey out of homelessness.